Full Day by Day Itinerary
Upon your landing time, driving from TNR airport to your hotel may take over an hour (Traffic jams).
4 hours drive from Antananarivo to Andasibe NP.
Day 4 – 5
3 hours drive from Andasibe NP to Manambato embarkment point. Then 1 hour boat to Bush House.
3h30 boat on the Pangalanes Canal from Bush House to Tamatave. This boat trip is ideal to “readapt” you to the modern and noisy civilization! Once you land in Tamatave, the peaceful time you had in Lake Ampitabe seems far away. Welcome to the rushy Tamatave. This bustling city lives to the rhythm of cargo boats coming from all around the world. 2 hours drive more to reach Mahambo, along the Indian Ocean shore.
Day 7 – 9
Enjoy your breakfast with a view of the Indian Ocean. Then take the ferry to Sainte Marie island (3h). While boarding, you will see that the ferry is the only link with “Grande Terre”, except for the flight from Antananarivo. A lot of Sainte Marie inhabitants go shopping in Tamatave and use the ferry to bring back home chickens, groceries, bikes… Fortunately the Ferry service is well organized and your boat trip will be comfortable!
Included / Not Included
Included in the Tour:
- Accommodation in the hotel range of your choice
- Meals as mentioned
- The 4WD car rental with A/C and English speaking driver, indemnities and gasoil included (day 2 to day 4)
- Parks and reserves entrance fees: Vakona private zoo, Andasibe NP, Palmarium private reserve
- All transfers airport/hotel/airport and port/hotel
- Boat transfers: Manambato to Tamatave via Ankanin’ny nofy and Mahambo to Sainte Marie.
- Car transfer from Tamatave to Mahambo (D6)
Not included in the tour:
- Domestic and international flights
- Meals not mentioned
- Guidance fees in parks and reserves
- Day excursions offered by the hotels, visits mentioned at your charge
- Communications, tips and personal expenses to be paid locally
- All services not provided and/or not mentioned in the program